Half Moon State Beach May to August 2013


Advertisement
Published: March 30th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Campground photoCampground photoCampground photo

We will be inthe bottom right corner under the trees.
Hi everyone,

I am activating my travel blog in preparation for our 4.5 month trip starting in April. I will send updates when interesting events happen. You will get a notice of each update. If you do not want to get notices, please let me know and I will remove your email address. We will be Campground hosts at the Half Moon Bay state park from May 1 to August 31. The campground is in Half Moon Bay CA and is about 30 miles south of San Francisco. We will depart home on April 20, 2013 and take 3 days to drive to Half Moon State Beach. We will leave the motor home there for about a week and drive to Los Angeles to see our granddaughters and swim in their pool. On May 1 we will start our 4 month assignment as campground hosts. This is our third camp ground host job, We spend a winter in northern San Diego county at San Elijo State Beach and a winter at McGrath State Beach in Oxnard CA, about 100 miles from our granddaughters. We wanted a winter assignment. Even though I applied to all CA state Beach Parks about twice a year, no offer came, but we could not turn down a summer in San Francisco. We get to camp for free. It is not really free because I estimate that we will spend $1700 in gas for the round trip: $4.25 per gallon for gas a 7 miles per gallon for our 35 foot motor home.

The campground is in Half Moon Bay CA and is about 30 miles south of San Francisco. If you cross the Bay going west on the San Mateo Bridge, CA 92, and drive until you reach the ocean you are there. There are seven miles of beautiful sandy beach. The campground has 50 dry sites with no utilities. Only the host site has hookups. There are a couple of sites next to our site where friend and relatives may stay for free. Hint Hint!!

As campground host, we will work 5 days a week and have 2 day off in mid week, we will have duties in the morning and evening and be must be available during the day to sell fire week and help campers. We can leave the campground during the day for short intervals to shop and do a little more site seeing. Weekends will be busy. We are not required to do heavy maintenance or clean the rest rooms. We have to maintain the toilet paper in the restrooms, and on a busy weekend in the summer, this can be a never-ending job. In the case of rules violations, we are informers and not enforcers. There are rangers for that.

Advertisement



30th March 2013

Have fun!
We'll be back in Yuma soon and then in Colorado in late may! Your trip sounds marvelous. Have fun!
30th March 2013

This sounds wonderful. We hope you have a great summer. We once knew a lady that lived in Half Moon Bay, now passed on. She loved it and preferred living there to here where she was born. I look forward to hearing your adventures. Steve

Tot: 0.262s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 62; dbt: 0.1421s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb