Initial thoughts from lady AR :)


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Foster City
February 3rd 2007
Published: February 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Thought I'd also chime in a bit here.. Anand and I realized that we have intuitively divided up responsibilities on all the planning on this trip - though personally i think i got the better end of the deal (unspoken and intuitive though it was)... the planning and making initial bookings with the travel agent, was my part, and finding our way, figuring things out on the road will be too, but he has taken care of all the business side of things - finding out abt visas, getting our docs together, confirming with the airline, reminding me to go get lots of passport photos, etc. The thing is that before the Europe trip we had lots of time to go over it all, and this time have basically just done stuff randomly. Hopefully between the two of us nothing has gotten totally dropped. We'll see soon enough i guess!

Btw, for anyone planning an around the world trip or even just a more complex trip than the usual, look at this site: www.airbrokers.com. It is simply amazing. As luck would have it, they are even in S.F., and I got to go visit (to make the final booking). I would love to work in an ofc like that - all the walls were filled with amazing pictures, etc. So now that's my next career plan, after medicine and interior decoration and before real estate 😊.

In terms of our trip, in the southeast asia portion I'm mostly looking forward to cambodia/bangkok. Somehow hong kong and singapore haven't held my interest and in fact i've barely planned them out at all and keep looking over the cambodia/thailand stuff. Guess I'll have to do some reading on the plane (after i finish 'snoring away' as anand puts it 😉) I think it's because both at least at first seem like man-made cities and all I've mostly heard abt is the great shopping and eating.. which certainly seems interesting but not compared to an angkor wat or the grand palace in thailand. But we'll see.. maybe like anand was surprised by berlin on our last trip, I'll be surprised this time.

The nice thing abt our trip this time is that we have lots of family/friends to visit along the way.. our friends' parents in HK, cousin in BKK, friend (who just got engaged!) in singapore, and obviously everyone in madras/tvm. we thought we could meet some of anand's cousins in tvm, but doesn't look like that can happen unfortunately.. maybe next time.. one of them in fact is visiting the US at the same time we're going there - Tikku that's no fair!

Besides seeing all our family again after a while, am also looking forward to exploring the touristy parts of kerala more. As Anand clearly isn't a tourist there, he automatically ruled out some of those activities (like i wouldn't visit pier 39 everytime i visited here even if i lived somewhere else), but I feel like I should experience the touristy parts at least once 😊. There seems to be quite a range of potential things to do, we'll see how things go.

All right - it's time to get going! Right now I am most excited abt the fact that I don't have a pager on for 2 whole weeks!! It's going to be great 😊


Advertisement



4th February 2007

Bon Voyage
So a doctor and an engineer got on a plane...oh wait, that's not a joke, it's happening! ;-). Angkor What? (sorry, couldn't help it.) I'm just happy Dr.a will be among healthy people and Mr.A can say 'ennai viduyaa' to his office...both of you deserve a great vacation..enjoy!
9th February 2007

Anand and Amritha, Enjoy your trip.

Tot: 0.291s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0404s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb