Money, money, money....


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Fallbrook
June 13th 2012
Published: June 16th 2012
Edit Blog Post

This is in response to a comment asking why we decided to go the trip (explained in Roots of the Trip), but also how we are financing it and how we decide our itinerary.

The money issue was a big issue in our minds from the beginning. Both Jessica and I have investments, and they've mostly bounced back from the hit they took at the beginning of the recession. We've both worked since we were 16, Jessica at her dog-training, and I in construction with my father after he hurt his back. Jessica has money in her checking account, and I in both savings and checking. I'm not going to give an exact figure, but rest assured, we are far from broke. (Though we anticpate that state at the end of the trip. Memories are forever, money until you spend it after all.)

As for itinerary, we select sights we would like to see, then plot a route that will take us by as many of them as possible. The routes are generally decided about a week in advance. We try to always take the scenic route, whenever possible.

Hope that answered some questions!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0529s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb