Sin, Surf, Sierra


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Death Valley
October 6th 2012
Published: October 16th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Bad water basinBad water basinBad water basin

855m below sea level

Death Valley/Bishop




First day of the tour we met the group and found out we were actually joining a group that had already been touring for a week and we were joining for the second week. The leader's name is Jane and she's from New York amd really into organic food.

We stopped at a super market and got sleeping bags from Walmart. Then on to Death Valley, where it was hot and dry. It was so nice to walk around outside in the sun and heat and not sweat.

First stop was Z point where you could see all the coloured layers in the rocky mountains. Greens, blues, reds yellows from all the different layers of minerals. It was beautiful.

After that we went to Badwater which was like a big dried salt lake. It was called badwater because the miners took their horses there but the hourses couldn't drink the water.

We stopped at the Visitor Centre for a picnic lunch then drove out of the valley and up the Sierra Nevada where we set up camp in Bishop. The girls cooked dinner, ravioli and brocolli and the boys bought booze.


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement



Tot: 0.143s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0868s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb