Cameron Park, CA


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Cameron Park
January 24th 2010
Published: January 30th 2010
Edit Blog Post

At the Mexican restaurantAt the Mexican restaurantAt the Mexican restaurant

Don, Irene, Steve, and Dawn
Even though we had cold, rainy weather, we had a very nice visit with Steve’s brother Don, and my aunt Irene. Eating is always a favorite passtime for us. We went out to a few interesting restaurants: one owned by Guy Fieri from the Food Network, called Tex Wasabi; one called Twin’s Sushi where Irene knows the twins and we all got hugs as well as great food, and of course, the local Mexican restaurant that we always go to with the world’s best margaritas. Yummy!

Driving around looking at the neighborhoods is always fun here too. Where they live is called Cameron Park, which is about 40 miles outside of Sacramento. One of the neighborhoods has a small airport, where the people own small planes and after they land, they just drive them down the street to their houses. Driveways have planes and cars both, and garages are extra wide to accommodate the wings of the planes. Even the street signs are really short so that the wings of the planes can pass over them. I think these folks are in a different tax bracket than we are!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Plane parking 1Plane parking 1
Plane parking 1

Look closely. See the airplane parked in the garage?
Plane parking 2Plane parking 2
Plane parking 2

Typical parking in the ritzy neighborhood
Short signsShort signs
Short signs

So the wings of the planes can pass over them!


Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.028s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb