Moving East


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Barstow
August 22nd 2012
Published: August 23rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Well, we are leaving California which is not easy to do. It is beautiful. I'm sad we didn't get to see San Francisco. We were supposed to stay there tonight. Well, we'll just have to come back! We had coffee, OJ and our waffles, pack up and head out. The lady running the RV park gave me a shortcut to get to the 101. It takes us through a little town called Spreckles. I love that name. It's just a small town filled with farms. As we drive through, there are acres and acres of red and green leaf lettuce and cabbage. There are workers picking it and loading it on a trailer.

We spoke to Larry and Henna this morning. They are in their RV at Canyon de Chelly National Monument in Northeastern Arizona. We are going to meet up with them in Flagstaff tomorrow night. We haven't seen them all summer. They have been in Colorado visiting family and friends. I can't wait. I miss them!!

We took the 101 S through Paso Robles, passing so many wineries. I would love to stop but don't want to take the time. We want to get to Flagstaff tomorrow.

We drove through the Mojave desert, passed Edwards Airforce Base. There is nothing out here! We have gone from 51 degrees to 101 degrees.

We stopped at Chili's for dinner in Barstow, CA and found a nearby KOA campground. We are just staying the one night. We will leave in the morning for Flagstaff. When we pulled in to our spot, we noticed the guy next to us has a huge Ford 650 diesel truck. He's a Marine, no doubt after looking at the truck. I told Ken our truck looks pathetic next to this one! Not really, I think it is too big. It is so hot out, we are going to turn on the air conditioner and go to bed early. We turned on the cable TV and 'Groundhog Day' was on. The weirdest thing is, I have never seen the movie from beginning to end. It's like Groundhog Day for me....whenever it is on tv, it has already started or someone is watching it and it is already halfway through the movie. It's so weird. One of these days, I am going to sit down in a room all by myself and watch the entire movie.

Spoke to Annie and Bobbie tonight. Miss them.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Saying on the Marine truckSaying on the Marine truck
Saying on the Marine truck

“Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem.”~ Ronald Reagan


23rd August 2012
Saying on the Marine truck

Wow!
That Marine's truck is something else ... looks more like a semi ... nice to see he is proud to be a Marine!! Safe travels!
24th August 2012

Road Trip
Ah...the open road. I'm so envious. Godspeed to both of you.
25th August 2012

Thanks Do~hope your family is great!

Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0617s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb