An Eating Extravaganza in Santa Fe


Advertisement
Published: March 20th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Thanks to the friends and relatives who voted for me, our Santa Fe trip is becoming a reality.

Several months ago the Santa Fe School of Cooking, http://santafeschoolofcooking.com/ had a contest; it was a photo contest with the winner receiving certificates for 2 cooking classes. I made sure that I had the most votes by begging and pleading with anyone and everyone.

The trip is planned:

Tuesday we fly

Wednesday we will spend in Taos with an early lunch at La Cueva Café where they serve gluten free New Mexican food. Dinner will be at Orlando’s, we went there with Elias on the last grandkids trip, a place highly recommended by the locals.

We hope to visit our vacation home in Taos in the afternoon. This is a home that we found when Taos dreaming last year. The Mega Millions was really high and times here were not so it was easy to take a couple of hours to dream. I got on-line and found a house that screamed our names: http://www.realestatetaos.com/taos_real_estate_canonheights.php

I e-mailed the realtor about the brand of the stove and said that we’d come and look at it someday. A couple of weeks ago I emailed again and was told that it had sold but he thought that the sale might fall thru. It appears that it is still on the market and the price has been lowered so next week we hope is our day to look. Unfortunately we have not won a lotto so alas, we can only look and dream.

Thursday is back to reality with our 1st cooking lesson, this is a hands-on lesson in making Chili Rellenos. They will show me how making gluten free. In the afternoon we will walk a bit on the Santa Fe Trail then eat at The Shed.

Friday is a demonstration Contemporary Southwest cooking; making grilled salmon, a tamale, black beans, and flan. This is a huge meal!!! In the afternoon we will visit the San Miguel Mission built in the 1600’s, the oldest house and then eat at the Chocolate House.

Saturday’s class includes: green chili stew, blue corn and green chili muffins, pinion butter among other dishes. We will leave from the class and return home.

After each class a full meal is served so we will be on an eating extravaganza!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.475s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1346s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb