Lots of Trips in the Plans


Advertisement
Published: June 8th 2012
Edit Blog Post

So now I have 3 big trips in various stages of planning and 3 small trips. Trying to keep everything straight is becoming a challenge.

In July we have a camping trip to Grover Hot Springs near Lake Tahoe, then a backpack trip up to Cottonwood Lakes at the end of the month.

August brings a long discussed trip to B.C into the First Nations territory. This trip will be a photo trip for me. My daughter-in-law is working on her PhD in Linguistics and will work on a language. I will do some photo-journalism. We’d planned to do this last year but it never worked out.

Over Thanksgiving we will go to Santa Fe and meet our youngest son. His wife Jen has never visited northern New Mexico so we are quite anxious to show her our favorite restaurants and places. I recently won a cooking class for two at the Santa Fe School of Cooking so we will try and get in several classes.

About 1 week after Thanksgiving we will go to Europe. This will be our 40th wedding anniversary so we thought that it would be fun to spend it in Finland at the glass igloo hotel. Then, since we are in the area, we will go to the U.K. for winter solstice and hopefully join the Druids at Stonehenge. Grandkids are planning to go on this trip but our oldest son’s wife will be giving birth in early Dec. We will see about when to get the older kids to Europe. Details!

Of course then we have the big trip where we will live in Austria for 4 months. We will check out some towns in Dec and hopefully have a better idea of where to look for a house. So it is exciting to plan!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.448s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 48; dbt: 0.1466s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb