Saving the Frequent Flyer Miles


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Bakersfield
January 5th 2012
Published: January 5th 2012
Edit Blog Post

So I got an email from United saying that one of our frequent flyer accounts was going to expire if not used by Jan 31st. Looking up the account found that it was belonging to my husband. Since he has nearly enough miles for a free ticket we decided that we didn’t want to lose the miles.

First I got into the United site and started looking at flights to San Francisco; we could make a quick trip up to our son’s plus see our 2 granddaughters. $260 for that. Then I looked up a flight to Albuquerque, NM and that was only $218. HUM! A flight to NM with 2 legs is less than a straight thru to SFO. Crazy but true.



I booked the flight to NM for 2 weeks from today with a 2 day stay. We will leave early Wed a.m. then return Friday evening. Booked the car after looking at the United offer went to Budget directly and got a better deal, but I am a member of that.



We were discussing hotels and what to do in NM and then started thinking about Taos, the places we want to eat of course. We remembered that we’d always wanted to stay in this historic hotel just off the main plaza in Taos so I looked it up on-line. We decided to spend a little more and have a room with a fireplace so that is booked.



Now we will just wait for a couple of weeks for our fun little getaway all because we had to save my husband’s frequent flyer miles.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.485s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.162s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb