The Annual Grandkids Trip


Advertisement
Published: June 23rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

So having been home for a few weeks it is now time to start major planning on our upcoming road trip as we leave on Sat. Talk about putting things off until the last minute.

Last year on our way home from Alaska a wheel bearing burned up and Dale patched it enough to make it home. We took the RV into the shop finally and found that all 4 wheels needed repairs, the fridge vent cover was falling apart and needed to be replaced and that a board was out on the water heater. Dale wanted to do the repairs but the shop came down in price so that it was easier to let them do the work. Now the RV is still in the shop so I’m now wondering how I will clean and pack, plus purchase food before leaving on Sat. a.m. It will get done as I’m determined that we will leave as soon as Dale gets off of work.

Every two years Dale’s siblings get together, rotating reunion sites between each. This year belongs to the youngest brother in Minnesota and will be held north of Duluth. We have cabins reserved for 3 nights on Lake Superior.

This trip we will make into our annual grandkids trip but Sunny doesn’t want to come along so it will just be Elias, Christabel and Charlotte, our exchange daughter. This is the first year without our Sunny since she was 5 years old when we went up 395 to Mammoth. We will be missing her!

I sat down with each of the kids and they decided what they wanted to cook for their day so at this point I’ve got the route planned, kids meals planned and expenses projected. I really now must get my meals planned so that I can make a complete shopping list for tomorrow.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.435s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1437s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb