Dreaming of Alaska


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Bakersfield
February 4th 2010
Published: February 4th 2010
Edit Blog Post

I've been away from this blog for several months. It isn't that I haven't been anywhere but the trips have all be short usually weekend trips. Lately I’ve been working on claims and have been sick on top of that, not a great situation. But yesterday I started thinking about a trip to Alaska.

For two years we have planned to go to Alaska for a grandkids trip. Two years ago we got airplane tickets using our United frequent flier miles, paying the fees for all 6 tickets. The trip was problematic in that the only seats we could get gave us only 5 full days in Alaska, not much time. Then Dale was notified that he had to attend a conference during that week and Sunny found out that she had to register for her new school during that time. We canceled paying the additional fees to put the frequent flier miles back into our accounts.

Last year we planned again to go to Alaska. This time we found that rules had changed so that there were only 2 seats per day available. That would be 3 days up and 3 days back for the 6 of us. Instead we got tickets for our youngest son and his wife and my friend John. We would drive. Well something else came up; I think that money was an issue. Again we paid all of the fees to put the miles back into our accounts.

This summer we will go to Alaska for sure. All of the grandkids get out of school around June 3rd so we will leave on the 4th driving of course. I’ll write more as we firm up our plans.

Dale and I have been to Alaska twice with our own kids so we are anxious to take the grandkids. This will be different because we will be there over the solstice, something that really looks to be fun. And this time I'll bring the laptop so that I can actually post photos along the way, well where there is internet service.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.424s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 53; dbt: 0.1552s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb