Day 8-Lat Day in Avila Beach Area


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Avila Beach
February 1st 2013
Published: February 2nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Well, today is day 8 and our last day in Avila Beach. Another morning of gorgeous and deep red and pastel sunrise. Up early this morning to enjoy the sunrise and workout before coffee and paper. Picture is of our resort.



Our first stop was the Premium Outlet Mall in Pismo Beach. A relatively small mall with small selection. We have been spoiled with Anthem and the Outlets near Palm Springs, so no purchases. Lunch at Ventana Grill with broad vistas of the ocean. Excellent food. I had the pulled pork special and Susan the salmon sandwich.

We did our final two wine tastings in Avila Beach bout not good enough to buy.

Late afternoon at the Inn provided an owner's reception, rather lame with a bunch or the party of the opposite persuasion grossing about our President...really sore losers, but then again, had it gone the opposite way, I suppose......

Since this is now Susan's official birthday weekend and month, Bob has to be especially nice. So our game of Hand and Foot was quite spirited with Bob winning up to the official game 150 pt level and Susan winning the birthday bonus round at the 180 level. Since she won that round and total point, gracious Bob conceded (though just this morning as I write this blog.)

We will be off tomorrow for Escondido and the Welk Resort for week 2 of our California Adventure. We'll meet up with Fara there today-wednesday and Vicki and Larry Wednesday - Saturday.



Have a great day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.157s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.056s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb