The last couple of days


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Auburn
July 7th 2012
Published: July 7th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Over the last couple of days, it has been hectic. Firstly, we all went to Universal Studios on Tuesday. It was packed, but we all managed to stay together and everyone went on the rides together.

The line ups,although long seemed to be enjoyable, with the Bogans making themselves seen and heard. The new Transformer ride is really good and there were heaps of things to see and do.

The next day was the 4th July and after the boys washed the bikes at Joes, we drove down to San Diego Sea World. We got these City Passes which includes 3 days at Disney, Universal and San Diego for 279 which has worked out really well. The whales at Sea World were incredible, although their dorsal fins are so curled over, they would never allow whales to be kept in an enclosure in Australia, I am sure. The keeper was filling up the fish bins before the show outside the pool. The whale followed the woman with its mouth opened as she wentaround. The kids didn't see hardly any animals, they just went on rides all day.

We came back late and managed to get to Disney to watch the fourth July fireworkswhich was pretty spectacular. Lots of red, white and blue. The people were all so sober and quiet, yet in their thousands.

Yesterday, we left the motel to travel the 34 miles to Hollywood where we all went on a tour of the stars homes. It was interesting. Many of the houses are quite normal. Itwouldn't be a placei would move to. We had a look at the stars in the walkway and also the hand and footprints at Graumans Chinese Theatre. Afterwards we went and had lunch, while Mark and crew went to Venice Beach.

We got back, did some shopping (Shane and I) and then we went to the Los Angeles Angels Baseball game, who were playing Baltimore. There were thousands upon thousands of people all decked out in the authentic team uniforms. after 4 of 10 innings, 2 hours had passed and so whileenjoyinit the game, we decided we needed to go home after the fifth, as we needed to get up at 4:30 to drive to Sacramento for tonight's racing.

We got here at 12:00 pm and we were invited to this beautiful property in the hills, where the weather was gorgeous and we had a BBQ with all the sidecar people from Costa Mesa. The boys have gone to the track to unload thebikes and prepare for tonight's meeting. There will b 7 sidecars and Joe just mentioned having a 7 bike final with a rolling start like the sprint cars. It should b interesting. Will let u know.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.029s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0524s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1012.5kb