Hot Springs, Arkansas Days 6/7


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arkansas » Hot Springs
August 16th 2013
Published: May 5th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Wayne had the FULL bath/massage experience at the Buckstaff Bathhouse this morning. He loved it!! I shopped around downtown while he was there. The nicest shop I found is called Girlie Girls. They design their own jewelry and it is beautiful. If you are the kind of person who wants a one of a kind piece you will love this store. I also popped into the Ohio Club. It's like stepping back in time, esp. after going through the Gangster Museum. The bar is gorgeous with incredible carved columns surrounding it. Looks just like it did in the 20s! Just relaxed the rest of the day.

Left on Saturday and went home via Hwy 65. Since we were driving by anyway I wanted to stop in Botkinburg at the Antiques Warehouse. This is an incredible place. They have 5 warehouses full of European antiques. We found a gorgeous mahogany armoire that will be perfect as an entertainment center. It's from Indonesia. Ate lunch in the little town of Leslie which is just 6 miles up the road. There is a hidden jewel of a restaurant there called the Skylark. It's in an old victorian house and everything there is handmade except the bread. Great food at reasonable prices!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.029s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0346s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb