I know, been a long time....


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Yuma
March 14th 2011
Published: March 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

The Moon in ParkerThe Moon in ParkerThe Moon in Parker

Our neighbor Lee Berg took this picture back in January. It's made it all the way to Afganastan and Iraq as well as on the local AZ news. Just beautiful!
Well, we just left Parker, AZ after being there for 4 months. It was a wonderful visit, although frought with wind, low temps and only a few days of shorts for Bob. We both got pretty sick for a while - first time in years for me! We both started running temps on the same day and were down for a couple of weeks. Luckily (?!) it was not shorts weather, so being stuck inside wasn't such a bad thing. Little miss popular was devistated, however. She missed her neighborhood "subjects" and all her buds down at the dog park. The park sponsered a "puppy parade" on January 1st and on Feb 14th, both of which Allie won first place. She came away with a rubber duck in a bikini at the first on and a stuffed mallard from the second. We're missing the St. Patty's day parade. She's just devistated! She knows the prize must be a REAL duck this time! Oh, well... we need to give other kids a chance to win! I've included her winning photos.
We had some wonderful wonderful times with our friends in Parker. Birthday celebrations, Karaoke, Thanksgiving and Christmas in the hood, and The
Valentines day paradeValentines day paradeValentines day parade

She didn't mind the wings so much, but the tiara totally tipped her over. She wouldn't even look at me for about 3 hours!
(not so) newlywed game to name just a few! Didn't make it out to the desert bar this year. The Desert Dash and the Blues fest at the park were both rained on and the entry fee for the Desert buggy race was jacked so high there weren't near as many entries (Percy the mountain goat would have loved it!). The park was seriously full this year. There were a lot of snowbirders that usually head down to Mexico that didn't go this year because of all the drug cartell violence. Stories of motorhome jacking in the middle of the desert, parks that usually have trailers lined up to get in having only two or three habitants, boarder patrol officers getting killed, and people being set up by crooked cops have kept most people out. They have really been promoting tourism, but I'm seeing epic failure. We are going to venture in to Algedones this week to have some dental work done and check out the shrimp tacos, but it will be a quick trip. We're looking forward to a new experience with guarded anticipation...
So here we are in Yuma, visiting with our friends Dan and Linda. We have
New Years paradeNew Years paradeNew Years parade

Notice the turned out toes... she loved this outfit and wore it proudly!
taught them "Spite and Malice" and have a great competition going. I'll let you know how that ends up...
So, we are starting our cruise home in about a week. It will be a slow trip that should get us home around the end of April. We plan to fill our time with more hiking and exploring, so hopefully there will be much more to post. I still haven't posted anything about the Germany trip, which I will, I promise!




Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Diane and RoyDiane and Roy
Diane and Roy

Thanks for sharing your movies! They made cool evenings more tollerable!
Gail and LeeGail and Lee
Gail and Lee

Our wonderful neighbors who provided a wonderful chicken noodle soup when Bob and I were sick. Thank you SO much!
Joanne and LloydJoanne and Lloyd
Joanne and Lloyd

It was great getting to know you guys! Hope to stay in touch!
Pene and DennisPene and Dennis
Pene and Dennis

I miss you already, Pene!
PetePete
Pete

This blog's for you, buddy!
Terry and DebbieTerry and Debbie
Terry and Debbie

Our coffee couple. They have a coffee stand that provides us NW addicts at the Saturday swap meet in the park and at the local bluegrass fests. Thank you Debbie and Terry!
Art and NickiArt and Nicki
Art and Nicki

This was at the Hood Fish Fry
Tom and SuzieTom and Suzie
Tom and Suzie

Another WA couple


15th March 2011

Safe Trip!
Hope you have a safe and uneventful trip back to WA! Thanks for the update!!
17th March 2011

I'm glad you are in a sunny place. Thunder and a lot of rain around here lately. I guess we can't complain because at least it has warmed up to the 50's. Loved your pictures. Have a safe trip home.
17th March 2011

Home
We got home today and it was so nice to hear from you and so nice we got to spend some time with you. You look like you have so much fun to Parker and Allie is so popular as she should be. Thanks for sending us you Travel Log. Need to finish my wash so keep in touch Love you both. Don and Darlene
28th March 2011

Hola!
Great to hear all is well! We just got back from Mexico where we had a great & safe trip. I am printing the info. & will send it to my mom tomorrow. Take care and motor safely!
17th April 2011
Valentines day parade

bahahahahahahahaha. so stinkin' cute.
17th April 2011
Gail and Lee

aww. how nice. you have peeps taking care of you guys

Tot: 0.169s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 10; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0654s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb