Snow and 90F heat


Advertisement
Published: May 3rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Flagstaff snowFlagstaff snowFlagstaff snow

Our car slightly covered in snow
Although the hotel was perfect last night, we didn't get much sleep due to the Grand Canyon train honking all through the night, even though, when we booked in the receptionist said this no longer happened!

We drew back the curtains to a complete shock of snow outside! By the time we had made our way down to breakfast it was even laying and coming down quite heavy. Nige went and got the car so we could load it under some cover. We drove about 45 mins down the road and already the temperature had rose by 25 degrees. We took a quick break to stretch our legs at a view point along the interstate, then drove another hour and half to Phoenix and had some lunch at the Hard Rock cafe. By now the temperature was in the high 80's!

We then headed to Scottsdale, to Keith & Sylvia's house (Nigel's brother) and entered the complex, only to see a snake in the road - which is quite rare for us, we stopped the car to take some pictures, and it appeared to be dead, but Liz insisted the doors stay closed and the windows remain up! We
Diamondbacks StadiumDiamondbacks StadiumDiamondbacks Stadium

Opposite the Hard Rock Cafe in Phoenix
then drove a little distance further and a second snake appeared, which to us looked like it had just had its lunch! We arrived uneaten by snakes, unloaded the car, and sat in the garden for a couple of drinks.

Keith cooked us an indian for dinner, then after a few drinks, they all got in the jacuzzi - I think all the travelling we have been doing is catching up with me - I was totally done in. So thought I'd take the opportunity to update the blog!






Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Snake!!Snake!!
Snake!!

This was either sunbathing or dead!!


Tot: 0.141s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0473s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb