Bisti


Advertisement
Published: January 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Bisti Badlands


From Page we drove to Farmington, New Mexico. Next afternoon, we toured the Bisti badlands, driving on 371 south from Farmington. It reminded us of some eerie alien movie, the rocks looked as though an unknown hand had carved them, weird shapes springing out of the relatively young land. The rocks are a direct result of erosion due to wind, water and cold weather but the immense variations over a relatively small landscape makes it hard to believe that a macroscopic erosion alone could have lent such a diversity to the badlands. The rocks are of different types, from the hoodoos which look like lean mushrooms to the petrified rocks and mounds, ... all equally impressive. Their color, structure and strength vary distinctly, some would crumble in your fingers, others wouldn't break if you drove a car through it. It was cold, so we didn't stop for yet another sun set but I was curious to know how the badlands would look in moon light.


From Bisti, we made for our last stop, the beautiful city of Santa Fe, New Mexico.

If you ever go to Bisti, try closing your eyes and hearing the winds whispering in your ears - the feeling is magical. As you open your eyes and gradually take in the landscape facing you, you will be transcended into another world for sure. - Asawari


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

aliens!aliens!
aliens!

Told ya, if you hang around for a while, you'd surely spot one!


Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.044s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb