It's Arrested Development.


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Lake Havasu City
November 26th 2008
Published: November 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

OxOxOx

Oxnard, CA. Not bad. Clean, pretty to look at, but too many people methinks.
Ever see those episodes of the show Arrested Development and "Wee Britain?"

If not, it's hilariously funny, so go watch it. Lake Havasu was surprisingly nice. It was almost as if we drove up, expecting Lake Havasu to be extremely crappy and full of disappointment. Guess not - there was a nice lake, mountains everywhere, and a miniature version of the London Bridge. The rock for this bridge was brought over (from England - oooh ahh) a while ago to make the recreation. Pretty interesting, and reminded us of "Wee Britain." It was quaint, and there is a short boat ride to the casino across the lake. We were too tired to go, but a nice drunk lady gave us $5 in chips to use; we'll use those for souvenirs. Nothing like a random oasis in the middle of AZ to surprise the heck out of you.

We drove to Oxnard, CA today. According to Wikepedia, Oxnard is the largest producer of California's happy strawberries. It's also full of palm trees, clean streets, and the population is a whopping 80% Hispanic. The Channel Islands are close by along with a Navy base (...) and thank God we're finally out
LH1LH1LH1

Lake Havasu City, AZ. A hidden oasis with resorts, golf clubs, casinos, mountains and a lake. Not too bad.
of GM country. Weather here is an ugly 60 degrees, and it's nice to be able to wear short sleeves the day before Thanksgiving.

I've also noticed that many cars have illegally tinted windows to the max. Is that legal in CA, to have pitch-black windows and not get pulled over? And we're not talking homies here - these are on minivans, trucks, and the worst case - SUVs.

I already feel 100% relaxed to nearly be home. Monterey Bay is 6 hours away, and thus concludes our massive road trip. The Southern route was better weather-wise, but I would have liked to go North too. I ate some of the best food, saw some unordinary Jesus sticks, and witnessed the cultural diversit across the southwestern United States. I also convinced Ash that I'm getting an SUV in 2009 since it would have totally been in our favor for this trip.

I'll keep posting photos here, as we still have trips to go on in the next week or so. San Francisco (and Alcatraz) has been calling my name for quite some time - probably since The Rock, Nash Bridges and Rice a Roni were created.
LH2LH2LH2

2 pm.





Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0463s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb