Arrived at Grand Canyon


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Grand Canyon
October 12th 2012
Published: October 12th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We had a very interesting and another fantastic day.

If you saw my earlier post from LAX the problem I had at security was the passport carrier I wear around my neck wasn't removed prior to screening so I got frisked and had it searched. No big drama but a bit confronting at the time.

Flight with Delta to Las Vegas was very smooth but much like a local route bus, but then again what do you need in a 40 minute flight? Bit of a queue at the Budget counter at Las Vegas but we were well looked after. We have been driving a brand new Hyundai Genesis, which is in our fleet as a luxury car. Leather upholstery and all the bells and whistles similar in size to a Statesman.

We went to the Aria Casino and Resort and caught up with a friend of Vicki's that she hasn't seen for decades. The Aria is a very nice casino and it was great to meet Scott, he is a really nice bloke who now lives in the New England region in the North East of the USA. We had a drive down the strip at Vegas and even though it was raining we will definitely take a cruise down there at night when we return there over the coming weekend.

Apart from the blinker and wiper being on opposite sides no real dramas on the drive out to the Grand Canyon from Las Vegas. Amazes me how courteous the Americans are on the highways, they leave plenty of room for lane changes and big gaps when following. A complete opposite to LA where as soon as the light goes green if you are not moving you get a really good toot.

Lunch today was at the Last Stop Burger, and the hamburger and chips were very tasty indeed.

Our accommodation at the Grand Canyon is very nice, king size bed which Vicki is currently testing it's sleepability on 😊.

Due to the extreme weather, pouring with rain, I haven't taken any photos today. We were literally driving through the arid states of Nevada and Arizona in the pouring rain most of the way. More thunderstorms are forecast .for tomorrow so we will have to see what the cold light of day brings us In the morning. My plan is to be uforms sunrise but I am pretty tired now after the 5 hour drive out here.

Dinner tonight will be in the hotel's restaurant once the princess awakens from her slumber.

Sorry about the long blog today but no pictures to tell a story 😊

Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.059s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb