Day 12- Ain't Nothing Like the Real Thing


Advertisement
Published: July 14th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Save the best for last. Icing on the cake. The National Anthem can now play on the TV.

We both agreed that this was the most magnificent way we could have put an end to our trip. To everyone: Try somehow, someway to see this natural work of art before you can't. It is almost unbelievable to see. Here you come 60 miles north of the major highway Interstate 40, the temperature drops a few degrees, pass by Grand Canyon Lodging, pay the national park entrance fee, park in a lot, and walk up a trail and Voila! there lies one of the many natural wonders of the world. Now, the Golden Gate Bridge and Hoover Dam can be found on someone's list of wonders(there are many..I googled), but they are under the manmade division. This here was created by God's foresight to allow moving water to shape tierra. There are so many colors in the formations as if they were painted on by the afro-wearing, white painter that used to be on PBS (he painted landscapes).

The Grand Canyon is wild! Danny snapped so many pictures because we wanted to try and capture the awe in photography to share with you since you weren't here with us. We hope you can take the images and imagine you were there.

Our next post will be from Arlington, TX. We will go to Albuquerque for the night and then leave for home on Saturday morning. Until we meet again...


Additional photos below
Photos: 89, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



15th July 2012

These photos should be Postcards.

Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0325s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb