Still Grand


Advertisement
Published: May 2nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

We spent the night at the Maswik Lodge on the South Rim of the Grand Canyon. The sunset over the canyon was magnificent and so much different than I remember as a child. The lodge was very comfy and Jane really liked how Eco-friendly the whole Grand Canyon Village was. All of the lodges and restaurants were completely set up to reuse, recycle and reclaim everything from water to trash. Fresh Grand Canyon Spring water was available everywhere and it tasted wonderful.

We had a very relaxed picnic lunch along the rim the next day. The weather was clear and the views across the canyon at midday were even more spectacular. It was amazing how many foreigners were at the overlooks, at times it seemed like we were the only English speakers there. We forget that the Grand Canyon is one of the great wonders of the world and is considered in league with the Pyramids and the Taj Mahal.

On our way out of the Park we saw the Grand Canyon Mules and Jane even got to say Hi to Smokey the Bear.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



4th May 2012

Grand Canyon
Hi, This is where we stayed two years ago on spring break. We had much the same experience you described. We did do a Ranger tour/talk that was interesting and walked down the canyon a bit. It is truly amazing.

Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 15; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0681s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb