Flying in the wrong direction and tour buses - Grand Canyon 11 July - Day 78


Advertisement
Published: August 11th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We visited the Grand Canyon National Park just for one day and it was intense. We flew to the Canyon from the city of Boulder (Arizona). We were expecting to fly over the Canyon but actually most of the time we flew around it so people siting on the right side of the plane had a very limited view of the scenery. We were in an organized tour and when we arrived at the Canyon we were put on a bus with 40 other tourists and taken to areas where buses can go. The tour included an I-Max movie about the Canyon and that was 'cool'. So far in our travels we have been pretty much independent and decide what to do by ourselves so it was a bit of a shock to be told we had 20 minutes here or 30 minutes there. Anyway, being in such tours can also be fun (maybe not everyday). The driver and guide was hilarious so that made much of our day. After the movie we had to rush to the place were we would have lunch to beat the other tour buses with 42 passengers each (are you getting stressed?, we actually did not). After lunch we met again at the coach at 13:05, no more no less and had to clap for the late arrivals. Lots of fun in the Canyon so far eh! So, it was after lunch that we were really taken to see this natural wonder of the world . We visited the south rim only and were taken to different places and the guide explained a lot about geology, the Indian communities that inhabit the canyon, how the park operates, etc. It was an interesting day for us. We do regret making the visit so short and not being able to explore more the Canyon from below. Nonetheless we did enjoy the views and towards the end of the trip the Condors decided to put up a show in the sky and that was a real bonus. We managed some good shots so hope you will enjoy.
(for more information yiu can visit www.nps.gov/grca)


Additional photos below
Photos: 38, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

The CondorThe Condor
The Condor

This pic is a trimmed one. The original is next.
A CondorA Condor
A Condor

Trimmed pic.
A condorA condor
A condor

Original pic
A CondorA Condor
A Condor

Resting
A condorA condor
A condor

Against the walls of the Canyon
A CondorA Condor
A Condor

Flying right above our heads


11th August 2009

Magnifique
Bonjour Messieurs, vos photos me rapellent d'excellents souvenirs. Magnifiques. On en prend plein les yeux. Profitez en bien et encore merci pour vos photos et commentaires de voyage. Cordialement, Philippe Van Malder

Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 18; dbt: 0.0272s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb