Day 11-Cruising Tracy Arm


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alaska
July 30th 2012
Published: August 1st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Just to finish up our Ketchikan evening, I sang at the Karaoke Superstar night in the Crows Nest and got big ovations for both songs. Performed "My Way" and "I Left My Heart." Had to choose from the song list provided, could not use my own discs. So based on feedback, I've entered the contest to be decided on the last night of the cruise. Holland America also has a talent show on last day, not a contest, so will enter that as well. A backup group is available to use for accompaniment.

It occurred to me that we never showed you our cabin so here's a taste in pictures.

Monday, was a cruise day...went into Tracy Arm and saw the South Sawyer glacier. We had never seen blue ice before and it is really a unique sight. The ship got in close up and we took lots of photos. See attached. We hit the gym first thing, and had lunch at the Pinnacle Grill, the ship's fine dining restaurant. It was nice but not worth the extra fee they charge (ours was compted by CruiseCenter.com, our travel agency). Had afternoon tea, a highlight as we really enjoy the finger sandwiches and tasty treats offered. A light dinner was followed by a movie called War Horse-very good.

An interesting day. Time flies on board and we really enjoy cruising. Tomorrow Juneau and will be meeting up with Kathryn and Chuck, Juneau residents and Sun City Grand winter residents. More to follow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0431s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb