Getting ready for Alaska


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alaska
May 10th 2007
Published: August 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Michigan ProductsMichigan ProductsMichigan Products

Both the dried cherries and the Vernors were missed on our last trip, so we've made room to take some extra along on our trip to Alaska.
Hi ho hi ho it’s off to Alaska we go! But what to take and what to leave? We’ve read lots, visited websites, read other peoples blogs, talked to fellow campers who have made this trip and folks who have vacationed extensively in Alaska. Our trip south has helped prepare us for this longer trip. We’ve taken some items out of the RV that were never used. We’re taking along some things that we missed and some spare parts. This includes an appropriate size socket wrench for the RV tires (apparently not all wreckers are equipped with the right size).

Books we’ve read or are currently reading that will be going with us:

The Milepost, 2007 59th edition.

Alaska. Authors Jim DuFresne, Aaron Spitzer. From the Lonely Planet series of travel books.

Traveler’s Guide to Alaskan Camping; Explore Alaska and the Yukon with RV or Tent. Authors Mike & Teri Church

RVing Alaska and Canada. Author Sharlene “Charlie” Minshall

Looking for Alaska. Author Peter Jenkins

Blue Highways, a Journey into America. Author William Least Heat Moon.

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. Author J.K. Rowling.

Alaska. Author James Michner. Abridged audio-book.

Oops there’s a non Alaska book in our list! I would like to reread parts of the previous Harry Potter book before I pick up the copy of next and last book in the series. I have it reserved at a bookstore in Alaska.

Of course we have lots of maps and tour books. I am so very thankful that George really gets into planning these trips. We’ve had 30 years of traveling together to get used to each other’s preferences and travel styles. It has helped with these longer trips.

There have been some unexpected chores to do while we were home between trips. The shed needed re-roofing and that was a big surprise! Fortunately George has finished that job and it looks great. There’s still a lot on the list to accomplish before we leave, but I’m confident that what needs to be done will be done and we’ll be answering the call of the road on the 17th.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.197s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 68; dbt: 0.0933s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb