Valdez Alaska


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alaska » Valdez
August 13th 2012
Published: August 14th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Another beautiful day in Alaska - sunny and in the 60's. In my blog last night I mentioned that Michael, Barbara and Carroll's son had come down and was smoking some of the salmon that the guys had caught. He smoked part of the salmon and the other part they sealed up and put in the freezer. Today Carroll sealed up the smoked salmon so they could freeze it. Barbara gave Jim and Charlie a haircut at her "outdoor beauty shop". Tonight we had another wonderful dinner outside. Barbara deep-fried some of the halibut that Larry and Carroll caught here in Valdez. Not only is she a good beautician, but a great cook. It seems like our dinners just keep getting better and better. As I said before, we have some very good cooks in our group. A very interesting bus moved into the park across from our RV's tonight. I am attaching a picture of it. I went over and asked the ladies, who were cooking at their outside stove about their trip. They are from Austria and Germany. They flew in to Anchorage three days ago and will be traveling for three weeks ending up in Vancouver. Hopefully you can seen the cooking station on the side of the bus. They just lift up the doors and take out large tables. They said they prepare their own food. When I talked to them, they were peeling potatoes and putting them in a big pot on the stove. One of the ladies(the one that spoke the most English) said that there was 23 of them. In the front of the bus there are 24 seats. I talked to one of the guys who works here in the RV park and he said that the bus has little berths for beds. He said on the other side of the bus there is a big door that lifts up with tent like curtains. This is where they enter the berths. I am sure I wouldn't want to sleep in those. As I said before, I don't like enclosed places. Carrroll said that the bus had both German and Alaska license plates. The guy in the park thinks that they leave the buses in Anchorage in the winter.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.147s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0628s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb