Day 39 - 40 07/31 - 08/01/2010


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alaska » Seward
August 24th 2010
Published: August 25th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Shelby finally went to the emergency room and the doctor prescribed some antibiotics and wanted him to stay in the area for a couple of days. He and Leta wanted us to go ahead with our plans of going to Seward today, so we pulled out early for Stoney Creek RV Park just a couple of miles north of town.
After getting set up we walked down to the creek, and had a couple of eagles fly around the campground. of course we left the camera in the RV.
Decided to eat out tonight, and the campground suggested Thorn's Bar and Grill for the best fried halibut in the area. Turns out they were right and we all had a very nice meal.
We had all the makings for smores except dry wood. It was difficult, but Marcus and I finally got enough coals from a small fire to make smores.
Today is the day that Marcus is to fly back home, but that is later this evening, and between Seward and Anchorage, is Whittier where you are able to board the fastest catamaran in Alaska. When you board the Klondike Express, for the five hour tour with lunch. you never expect to see 26 glaciers, much less the sea life. We saw some rock islands covered with harbor seals. We also saw many sea otters, a few porpoises, sea gulls, half dozen eagles, and thousands of kittiwakes which are the most prevalent of all bird species in the Prince William Sound.
Don't know how many of you have ever watched "Deadliest Catch", but for those of you that have you may remember the Northwestern based out of Seattle, Wa.. It was anchored in Prince William Sound next to a tender that was offloading their catch of halibut.
Now it is time to head for Anchorage and the airport, but we do have time to find a mexican restuarant, Gallo's, before dropping Marcus at the airport.
It was a long ride back to Seward, and I think we must have killed every bug on the Seward Highway



Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



25th August 2010

wow
Wow your pictures are amazing1 I am glad that you were able to get to the doctor and the antibiotics. I went to Alaska about 5 years ago and it was amazing! The whales, dolphins, sea lions theyr all breathless moments in life.

Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 16; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0417s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb