Made it to Fairbanks


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alaska » Fairbanks
September 20th 2007
Published: September 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The Tuckers have made it to Alaska. We arrived Monday at 6:30 our time and have spent the last two days in Fairbanks at Pikes Waterfront Lodge. Fairbanks is very civilized and has all the luxuries. We wont get the real Alaska experience until we get into the village. Mike and I are training to work for the Yukon Flats School District and it has been alot of information. Todays sessions opened with a G'wichin blessing in the native language and it was very pretty. We are considered chocos and will be that until we are no longer new comers...then we will be sour doughs. Very interesting dynamics here. Noone seems to worry about fashion only warmth and comfort which makes sense 😊 Ive seen very few women fuss with cosmetics and that will be hard to get used to but seems to be the norm, especially in the villages. We got to spend some time in Downtown Fairbannks yesterday and I was surprised at how little there was to see but we did have a great dinner at Aviators Steak House. It was very cozy with great food and freindly people. I will write more once we are in Arctic Village and post some photos. We are flying out by bush plane Saturday morning.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0412s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb