Wednesday and Thursday in Anchorage


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alaska » Anchorage
September 6th 2007
Published: September 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

On Wednesday, the girls had a play date with some homeschool friends. A co-worker lent me a bike that Danielle and I can use, so I met them at home. We packed up a supper and went to a pickup ultimate Frisbee game. We had a good time, ran hard, played for about 2 hours and left with the game still in full swing! Unfortunately, when we got back we had a surprise. The girls had left their borrowed bikes on the edge of the parking area thinking that they would put them on the porch when we got back. Someone had taken one of the bikes and replaced it with their bike which had a bent chain guard and two different size tires. Jacqui was very upset, because it was “her” bike that had been taken. It was frustrating for all of us and we learned a hard lesson about living in the city.

Thursday, the girls took a trip to the Imaginarium. They had a great time with sunflower sea stars and an enormous bubble as two of the highlights. It is only a few blocks from our apartment, so we got a membership that will be good for our time here and then will be good at a few museums in Boston and Worcester! After work, we headed about a half hour south to hike at Bird Ridge. The hike was a good workout! We went up to about 4,000 feet (not bad since we started at 50 feet above sea level). The skies were threatening for most of the hike, but except for a few sprinkles the rain stayed over the water. So we didn’t get too wet, but we got a nice rainbow! Danielle made yummy burritos for our picnic supper then we worked our way down the mountain and back home. It is really nice to have so many hiking options so close for evening outings!



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0449s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb