Moved Out and Moved In


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alabama » Mobile
January 12th 2008
Published: January 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

dscf1138.jpgdscf1138.jpgdscf1138.jpg

On our way with Harley
We have said tearful good-bye to friends and family, made the move out of our dream home on Gun Lake, shared the New Year with best friends Marie and Richard, drove to Red Bay, AL where our our home on wheels awaited at the Tiffin Factory, and moved in. What a whirlwind!

If you have not heard of Red Bay, AL possibly you have not heard of the Coon Dog Cemetary or the best catfish ever at Swamp Johns. If so you have missed meeting the wonderful people who live there, and visiting a vintage 50's community.

Now for the future, filled with both intense hopes and fears of the unknown. We'll know in a few years of the wisdom of our decision, but for now we'll plan to enjoy each day. We have begun by enjoying 65 degree days and fresh shrimp on the beach at Gulf Shores. This R&R continues until January 13, when we leave for Slidell, LA and our important work with the Care-A-Vanners, a program of Habitat for Humanity for Rvers like us. We will help build new homes and restore existing homes flooded by Katrina for the next month while living in our RV. This is a "reunion" build, bringing together the same great folks we have worked with in Slidell the past 2 years. Habitat builds will continue to be one great focus of our traveling years and much of what will be shared here.


Advertisement



13th January 2008

moving
We wish you a world of fun and adventure. We think you are going to enjoy each day as you mentioned, and we are goind to enjoy following you new life. Take good care of yourselves and drive extra safe. All our love, Linda and Fred.

Tot: 0.158s; Tpl: 0.039s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0669s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb