What sort of title is 'cow boy' anyway?


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico
July 16th 2005
Published: July 17th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Well, just a few cleansing cervezas after getting to Zehuatenehua sounds like seewhatanheighhah...been in San Blas , I though for a moment it was Sand Blast as the wind drove along the beach and did just that...but the trivia that goes thru the mind while on the road..sucking on the camels back, mind wandering ...then you find yourself going way too hot into a corner and remembering that concentration is sorta important...but firstly, altho its already secondary...thanks soo much to you all for the comments...soo good to hear from you and its really important to get that feedback, and from all of you who I don't know, who have stumbled onto my blog by some random interneto chance, I hope you continue to be with me as we travel along...the minutae of random thought seems to be incubated in the rarified, if somewhat rank, atmosphere of the bike helmet...I want to try and severe the imbecilical cord that links the idiot part of the brain from the rest...no, don't go there....San Blas was about the first of the surf beaches we struck..these guys are positively salivating at the sight of waves...crikey, its like when we let the design engineers out on the roads when they smelt fresh bitumen but thats anotherstory...San Blas has a long stretch of restaurants or palapas..the name derived from ...whereever you pull-uppa we'll have a palapa..sort of place where you can eat and drink where ever you pull up...but there were no people, or very few, couldn't find out why exactly...and it was like a time-stands-still lifestyle, like lots of Getting more into tropical climes, and climbs, the roads continue to be high quality most of the time, the bike just loving the curvery and other drivers remarkably courteous.
As to the practicalities...we sorta stowed the jackets back in Baja, it was a really good move to ditch the jacket armour and use the Alpinestar body armour with just a Tshirt or whtever, sorta weird with just this black and red mesh with shoulder, back, chest and kidley belt...looks like something out of Alexander Did I say its getting more tropical?...big rivers, lots of v rich agriculture, big healthy cows, brahminny and santa gertrudissy, and sometimes even lying on the road ...then a burnt out truck by the side of the road...just the bare bones of the chassis and wheel rims left, a swathe of rubbish, whatever wasn't valuable >I guess off to the side, and the surrounding vegetation scorched for 100 metres around....just saw a bit of a prang this arvo, cops and military flagging us thru, the ubiquitous pickup slewed across the road, blood stains all over the drivers door...keep on going, occasional LA style interchanges onto major freeways, then they peter out and its back to the 2 lane.....memeorials to the dead are everywhere along the road, from simple twig crosses to ornate concrete-based wrought-iron encased shrines locked up presumably to safeguard the valuable religious icons withing...and many of them have fresh flowers, only seen one occasion where the family had stopped to refresh their rello's memo.
We're thinking of some sponsorship because everywhere we stop a crowd materialises...its bizarre and I'm sure they're not coming just because of us, its just that wwhatever place we go in to, pretty soon a few more people come in, then more until its crowded, gas stations, restaurants, palapas...wherever....
So, what about cowboys...the thought just crossed my mind this arvo....doesn't 'cowboy' sound a bit iffy?...I mean 'bullboy' maybe..but..oh well thats the sign of a vacant mind and the thoughts that go thru it.
Oh, and a few nights ago we wer in Puerto Vallarto, probably the most mispronounced name of anywhere in Another interesting thought on the road is the kilometre markers ...very useful I'm surebut somewhere I've lost the exchange rate, I'm getting about 1.1 kms to the mexicano kilo markers? hmmm maybe my tyre is wearing faster than I thought...sometimes they have kilos written on the road surface, at first I thought they were speed advisory markers until I went into a sharp right-hander and saw 128kms on the road and I was only doing about 95!! ...there was no way I could accelerate that fst and not die....then it struck me...
another hazard, apart from mental instability, is rounding a corner accelerating into the straight and about 50 metres away theres a group of vultures having a roadkill snack, as you do, then they realise something is coming, they start to get the last bit down, start flapping the 3 metre wing spans, gradually getting airborne, not easy with a gutful of dog or whatever, those that get off to the side are no problema, but theres always on that just wants to cruise of down the road, and often towards you...so a unstoppable force is about to meet the lumbering airborne dingo, not quite Peririphery or whoever, but ducking and weaving called for quickly...I have tried to grab the talon of one but probably fortunate to miss...all right, enough for now, time to retire and have a quiet cerveza on the verandah....my love to youse all as always...keep the cards and letters coming...Micheal, the idea has merit if you want to follow it up, I had thought of it but he's such an arrogant prick!...anyway, all publicity is good and it would be handy when I think all this thru later...hasta luego.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.172s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 20; qc: 98; dbt: 0.1165s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb