Mazatlan


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Sinaloa » Mazatlan
March 11th 2011
Published: March 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Feb 2011 Mazatlan Meico 047Feb 2011 Mazatlan Meico 047Feb 2011 Mazatlan Meico 047

Pretty grand huh ... not like any hostels I've ever stayed in.
I do believe the 60th celebrations are coming to an end...maybe...

This round had to meet the following criteria . Easily accessible , affordable , beach , sunshine , all inclusive and manageable with Shirley's work schedule.

Riu Emerald Bay in Nuevo Mazatlan fit the bill . Leaving at 8 am on Feb 25 it was -39C and arriving at the hotel at 2pm that afternoon to a welcoming shot of Tequilla and +27C was a great start . Our room was on the 9th floor with a great balcony perfectly placed for watching the sunset . It reminded me of the view in Netanya last year.

We enjoyed the beach and 2 trips into Mazatlan . To the street market on Sunday and into Viego Mazatlan on Wednesday . We DID check with hotel personal about safety first and heard nor saw any thing that looked like it could be a problem . The Governor of the state arrived at the hotel next to ours on the Wednesday evening just before Carnival activites were to begin and there were LOTS of soldiers and jeeps in his entourage .

At the end of a very enjoyable week , after WAY to much food and alcohol (most notable were the Tequila Mariachis and the Rum Doctor Funks) ,I think I've had my quota of all inclusives for a while . I am ready to return to my "Journeys" next year .

Enjoy the photos.




Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Behind the hotelBehind the hotel
Behind the hotel

First morning .Mist on the hills behind the hotel . It was sweater weather in the am when I walked the beach before breakfast.
Morning #2Morning #2
Morning #2

Zona Dorado in the morning mist. Mit was usually gone by 9:30-10am
ErosionErosion
Erosion

I had to wonder how the waves managed to carve this one.
NoticeNotice
Notice

Amazing what you find on the beach
Puffer Fish?Puffer Fish?
Puffer Fish?

A gift from the sea . I also collect a zillion shells most precious being a sand dollar.
Feb 2011 Mazatlan Meico 033Feb 2011 Mazatlan Meico 033
Feb 2011 Mazatlan Meico 033

The barbers worked constantly
OLd MazatlanOLd Mazatlan
OLd Mazatlan

A family band who were very entertaining . The &ish year old on the snare was really good.
Carnival ?Carnival ?
Carnival ?

Preformers in the Plaza . We think that they were doing a TV special about the Carnival that was about to begin.
Feb 2011 Mazatlan Meico 091Feb 2011 Mazatlan Meico 091
Feb 2011 Mazatlan Meico 091

Great building isn't it!
Feb 2011 Mazatlan Meico 093Feb 2011 Mazatlan Meico 093
Feb 2011 Mazatlan Meico 093

I found it interesting that this notice was in English first...
AHHHHHAHHHHH
AHHHHH

My view most days . I did get a bit of a burn the first day and so stayed in a shadier area than what you see.
Booze CartBooze Cart
Booze Cart

and , but , the drink cart was never far away.
Same hat different beachSame hat different beach
Same hat different beach

and the COCO LOCO was good!
The Last SunsetThe Last Sunset
The Last Sunset

It was also the first time there were clouds in the sky which certainly added to the specticle.
Riu Emerald BayRiu Emerald Bay
Riu Emerald Bay

It was a walking beach . The flags were ALWAYS red . It was a walking beach NOT a swimming beach and that was ok for me . I did swim in the pools and drink at the swim up bar though.
Last View from our roomLast View from our room
Last View from our room

After breakfast a cloud moved in and the beach disappeared.! Not a bad ending .


12th March 2011

Way to go, girl! I think you should just keep partying until your 60th year is over - get it out of your system!!!
12th March 2011

Great pics...
Glad you had a warm, relaxing wk. The booze cart looks inviting. Hope Shirley enjoyed it. We do not know that cathedral. Tks fo sharing. R&C
14th March 2011
Notice

Beauty
Do you think we were under-dressed for Playa Bruja?
14th March 2011
Another Beach Babe

Aaaaah...
Oh, this was a grand day.
14th March 2011

Wonderful
Shirley DID enjoy it. Pam was a great travel companion, encouraging even to take the bus! A very relaxing holiday.

Tot: 0.372s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.1342s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb