Tourista Zone


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Quintana Roo » Tulum
April 12th 2007
Published: April 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The hot ride to Tulum yesterday seems eons ago - took second class sauna bus - the air conditioning did not really work and the windows dod not open and even the locals were really hot. Chetumal seems far away - a different city - the capital of Quinanto Roo state (no, its not cancun) with few tourists, in the hotel with mexican families and talking to a german woman having coffee.

Here is very touristy with inflated prices, much english and american dollars being spent everywhere. The town is just a strip of road with a few hotels (most are along the beach), restos, a couple of bars and souveneer stores. Went to the ruins today overlooking the water - nice location but very crowded with tour groups fro Cancun and Playa del Carmen - was interesting to watch the people though. Then went on the beach for a bit. Last night went into town with a young English couple and an annoying guy from Portugal (who made it very clear that he did not like americans) to a cheap dinner and watched a local dancing event. Am staying at a hostel a bit out of town which was good but hot last night but as I write this they seem to be having bathroom problems - have to admit I dont know if I want to spend 2 weeks in this area - have thought for quite a while of changing my ticket but i dont know where I will go or what i will do when I get back and i am scared to death for i am feeling really utterly lost and alone and am beginning to panic. Still think of Ireland but i dont know if that is more running or as it has been in my head for 6 weeks if it is what i want. I just dont know what it will do.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.068s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb