BIRTHDAY


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Quintana Roo » Riviera Maya
September 8th 2011
Published: September 8th 2011
Edit Blog Post

THE FOOD


Last nights dinner was incredible, what I thought was a light dinner, turned out to be one of the best things we have eaten so far. It was entitled "The Appetizer Dinner" We got to choose 4 things from a list of about 8. I had choosen, peel & eat shrimp, conch fritters, shrimp poppers, and ceviche. I don't even know where to start.

Peel & Eat Shrimp

It wasn't so much the shrimp, I mean after all its boiled shrimp, but the cocktail sauce, we have never had anything like it. It had the perfect amount of horseradish sauce, but also had sometype of chili in it. It was truly the best ever.

Conch Fritters

This was Jerry's first time ever eating Conch, so he had nothing to compare it too. I however, having been to the Florida Keys on more than one occasion have eaten many a Conch Fritter. These were by far the best I have ever had. They wre not just Conch in batter and deep fried, but also had red peppers, onions and a hint of garlic I believe. Then they were battered and deep fried to a perfect golden brown. Again, the dipping sauce was out of this world. It was definitely a chili base, but that is about all I can figure out as to what was in it.

Shrimp Poppers

These are not what you are thinking. They were not deep fried, but instead it was shrimp coated with cheese some jalapeno and then wrapped in bacon and baked. They simply melted in your mouth with or with out one of the aforementioned sauces.

Ceviche

Simply the best we have ever had. Jerry says it reminded him of the first time he had Ceviche in Long Beach California when he was in the navy and had dinner and a buddies house that was mexican.
The dinner was accompained by Sangria. We switched to the Sangria as the Margarita's were just to sweet for us. It was a good Sangria, not to sweet and just the right mix of flavors.

TV

After dinner I swam, Jerry smoked, the we decided to watch TV and what else would we watch but the Foodnetwork. It is Dish TV so the music and TV choices are numerous. But if it is raining heavy you will not get a signal for either. We turned in about 11.

Birthday

Today marks the half way point of our trip and it is Jerry's 46th birthday. I have planned a special dinner with Miguel that includes grilled lobster tail.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 23; dbt: 0.031s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1021.8kb