THE VACATION BEGINS


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Quintana Roo » Riviera Maya
September 5th 2011
Published: September 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

So we are here in our Boat Villa, after a long night of travel. The vacation actually started Sunday at 4:00 pm with a celebration at Hobo's for Jerry being done with school. After that we had an evening of over the top pageantry at Le Femme Magnifique International. An annual drag competition put on by Darcelle XV and company a good time was had by all.

After the pageant Jerry and I left for the airport. Our flight was delayed by 30 minutes so we left at 1:00 am. We transferred planes in Houston and ended up arriving 15 minutes ahead of schedule. Took an hour to get through customs and immigration, but then the car picked us up and took us to paradise.

I would like to show pictures, but we forgot to pack the cord to transfer pictures from the digital to my laptop, so check back after the trip and pictures will be added.

The weather is perfect, 90+ degrees, and humid but you don't really care when you have a pool and the sea within steps of your back door. After we checked in we rented a car for the day and went to the small town of Puerto Morales to have lunch and buy a few staples for the villa. The food was very good, we both had Gazpacho, Jerry had chicken tacos and I had fish tacos and I must say they were the best tacos I have every had, the maragarita was not too bad either.

After eating we walked around the town square and then went to the mercardo to buy some fruit, chips, etc. No one spoke English so I had to use my survival Spanish, but we managed to get what we wanted with out much trouble.

Upon our return to the villa, I took my first dip in the Caribbean, the water was oh so refreshing and warmer than Thailand. From the sea it was a dip in the pool. The water was bathtub warm, so not quite as refreshing but then as you lay in the hot sun the breeze and the water feel great.

The villa is amazaing. Three bedrooms, bar, living room, dinning room, kitchen 3 1/2 bathrooms, a pool and a view to die for. The Caribbean is literally 10 steps from the back deck.

This will be a very different vacation and blog than Thailand. We are doing next to no sight seeing and we both have work that needs to be done. So we plan on relaxing, working and getting lots of sun. All of our meals are being prepared by Miquel, co-owner and resident chef. We met him when we checked in, he is very nice and I have no doubt that the food will be great.

That is all for this entry, more after dinner.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0386s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb