Company paid trip to Mexico...all inclusive...


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Quintana Roo » Riviera Maya
February 18th 2007
Published: February 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post

My company sends all qualified employees on a trip, once a year, all expenses paid. This year we flew into Cancun, Mexico, and then got carted down to a resort in Riviera Maya, Mexico. My sister went on the trip with me, and we left Tucson, AZ on the 18th. We got to the resort around 4:30 pm, and then at 7:30pm had a big "meet and greet" with all the employees and their respective guests. Of course, open bar. Other than that first night, the only time you saw other employees is if you planned to meet somewhere, or randomly bumped into each other. It was great.






A couple that my sister knows very well happened to be in Cancun at the same time, so we met with them one day, and went shopping in Playa del Carmen. It was a gorgeous day, and we got to see a lot of different shops. I feel as though my favorite may have been the Tequila Factory, since they offered free samples of all the different types of tequila...no limit. Seriously, there was a slight buzz going when we walked out. Not as much for David and me, since he had to drive, and I don't like tequila, but Jess and Jess tasted for us. The local Harley shop was an extremely close second.




The resort we stayed at was the Flamenco Xcaret, which has a partnership with Xcaret park. Xcaret park had wildlife, and ruins, and a ton of stuff. Pictures help tell the story more than anything, so I'll let them do the talking.

















At night, they also did a show about the history and evolution of Mexico, which was amazing. The pictures from that didn't come out so well because it was so dark, but some of the videos came out alright.









The resort also put on some shows nightly. Most of them were fun, and family oriented. Nonetheless, they were entertaining. Of course, everything is entertaining with an open bar behind you!








All in all, the trip was amazing. Some things I learned on this trip: 1) make sure you contact your bank to let them know you are leaving the country, because they will shut your shit down; 2) plan on delays...our flight came in on time, but delayed 4 hours on the way home; 3) vendors in foreign countries, especially touristy areas, will swoop down on you like vultures; and 4) fake Cuban cigars are much easier to spot than I thought. I also found out that next year's trip is in the Dominican Republic, so I am pretty psyched about that, as well. Let the countdown begin.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.149s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0475s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb