Ocean Mornings :)


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Quintana Roo » Playa del Carmen
January 19th 2014
Published: January 19th 2014
Edit Blog Post

“The ocean stirs the heart, inspires the imagination and brings eternal joy to the soul.”

HOLA all you beautiful folks on Domingo (Sunday)! We were up and at them around 7:30 this morning, seeing rays of light trickle through the curtains & the soft waves lapping at the shore. We knew it was going to be a sunny-side up day.

It's a glorious hot sunny day (it was 26C at 8:30) We made bacon, eggs, waffles, toast with fresh fruit for our girl's breakfast on the balcony. We've got some nice jazz playing (Tony Bennett & BB King doing a duet of "Let the Good Times Roll" and the good times are a' rolling!

Al is off to dive today and the sea is calm so no doubt it will be a great day to make some friends with the little fishes! It's so funny, Al is NOT a morning person, but when there's a dive involved, he's up like little Mary Sunshine 😊

Oh here's a few pics of our morning on our balcony. Seeing the fishing boats go out, but also a huge big barge was out on the ocean this morning so there's a pic of it.

Today we will do some sight-seeing, and we might rent some bikes to take a ride around town. I'd like to rent a scooter & zip around but we'll see what happens.

Sunday is BBQ day on the beach at some restaurants, so we may have to partake in that. Monday is movie night on the beach, so we'll have to check that out too. Imagine sitting in big cozy chairs with a big screen on the beach with the ocean rippling behind, and waiter service right to you chairs with popcorn & cold beverages?

Will get back to you about our amazing day spent on Isla Mujeres yesterday.

PS my camera is acting up with a shadow on it. I hope it's not damaged. I will have to have MacGyver (also known as Al) to see what's happening. Yesterday he had to take a screwdriver to the door lock, fix a shoe, fix the dial on the stove & Ava dropped my small laptop by accident & he spent some time trying to fix that too. He's a man of many talents. (Thank you Al! Gracias!)

Off to plant my little feet on the beach....

Your friend Salsa!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



19th January 2014

Miss you
Hope you are having a fantastic time. I can't wait to hear all about Isla Mujeres and see the pics. I really hope to visit there again one day. Enjoy every minute. It is getting cold again here for the week. Hurry home, misery loves company.
19th January 2014

Miss you
Hey Sue miss you too. Mom told me it was getting cold. We'll have to soak the sun up and bring it home!! xo
19th January 2014

Hola Sally, just returned from Isla, had a great time, was watching for you and your gang....lol hope you had fun too. Tell me where do they play movies on the beach on monday nights? Are we still on for Monday afternoon at Lunas? Hope you get your camera fixed, I would freak out if something happened to my camera>>>>lol

Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 5; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0817s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb