Puerto to Prescott


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Oaxaca » Puerto Escondido
March 18th 2014
Published: March 20th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Puerto to Prescott


Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Our last full day here in Puerto Escondido. You know that old Jimmy Durante song (well, some of you might know it) "Did you ever have the feeling that you wanted to go, and then you had the feeling that you wanted to stay?" That about sums up my feelings right now. I'm ready to go home, but want to stay here, too. But I think I'm leaning more towards wanting to go home.

We had breakfast at Dan's Cafe, then friend Gay gave us a tour of Dan's nice compound where she is staying. Looks like a fun place to live.

Joe and I both had hour long massages at the Healing Hands. It wasn't marketed as a "couples massage" but we were in the same room with a curtain between us. Great place and low prices.

Joe walked to the Point one last time. He said there wasn't much happening there today. No surfers and very few beach walkers.

Ever since we got here we've been watching the bananas on the tree in our yard thinking maybe we'd get to eat them. The gardener cut them done today and hung them but looks like they won't be ready to eat until after we leave.

We had our farewell dinner at Los Caracoles and again it was very good. We had one last sunset walk along beautiful Playa Zicatela.

Thursday, March 20, 2014

I'm exhausted, yesterday did me in. We went from Puerto to Mexico City to Houston to Phoenix where friend Roger met us at the airport and drove us back to Prescott. Very cool that he met us at the beginning of the trip at the airport in Puerto Escondido and again at the end in Phoenix. He'll be with us a day, we wish he could stay longer.

But it's great to be home and the weather in Prescott is lovely today. I start a long term teaching job at the high school tomorrow that I now regret accepting a bit. I'm not quite ready to get back to the real world. We are unpacking our suitcases outside on the patio, they are so full of sand.

Hope all is well with all of you that are reading this.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Healing HandsHealing Hands
Healing Hands

It's a beautiful place, difficult to photograph.
Healing HandsHealing Hands
Healing Hands

The massage room is up the stairs.
Rossy JazminRossy Jazmin
Rossy Jazmin

Great tortillas.
Rossy JazminRossy Jazmin
Rossy Jazmin

Lots of tortillas and slopes made here.
Rossy JazminRossy Jazmin
Rossy Jazmin

The steps to the cafe are tires filled with sand.
Rossy JazminRossy Jazmin
Rossy Jazmin

The open air kitchen is a busy place.
We bought this hammock.We bought this hammock.
We bought this hammock.

Joe decided to try it out but couldn't hang it properly so it's a bit too low.
More bananasMore bananas
More bananas

These are still on the tree, not ready yet.
Los CaracolesLos Caracoles
Los Caracoles

Last dinner was shrimp in some delicious chili sauce with squash and eggplant.
Dangerous walkwayDangerous walkway
Dangerous walkway

We walked by this so many times, someone finally put some "barriers" around it.


20th March 2014

Welcome back
I know how you feel. We always felt the same after coming back from a laid back vacation. Thanks for all the blogs and pics. Made us feel relaxed, too. Agreed going from Puerto to high school will be hard on you. Try to close your eyes and imagine you are back in Paradise!!!!! Let's get together when you feel up to it.

Tot: 0.22s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 61; dbt: 0.1205s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb