Playa Agua Blanca


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Oaxaca » Puerto Escondido
February 26th 2014
Published: February 26th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Bus to Playa Agua BlancaBus to Playa Agua BlancaBus to Playa Agua Blanca

Although this is a public bus, the driver has a pirate theme going on.
Tues., Feb. 25

What a lovely day! Roger, Joe, and I got on a local chicken bus and rode down the coast east of here for about 45 minutes and got off at a small village called Santa Elena. From there we took a taxi to Playa Agua Blanca, a beautiful beach with a sheltered swimming and snorkeling area. We hung out at a cafe for over three hours, taking time out from the cervezas and great food to enjoy the water and Roger took a run on the beach.

Tonight we once again took in the sunset on Playa Zicatela with happy hour at "The Spot." Had a light dinner at our favorite taco place. I think we are beginning to see why so many people come to Puerto year after year. It's a pretty special place.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Playa Agua BlancaPlaya Agua Blanca
Playa Agua Blanca

Lots of oysters!
Playa Agua BlancaPlaya Agua Blanca
Playa Agua Blanca

We camped at this pleasant cafe. They took very good care of us.
Playa Agua BlancaPlaya Agua Blanca
Playa Agua Blanca

The cafe owners' newborn baby was in a hammock next to our table.
Playa Agua BlancaPlaya Agua Blanca
Playa Agua Blanca

Joe is snorkeling, I think you can see his head.
Playa Agua BlancaPlaya Agua Blanca
Playa Agua Blanca

Joe's meal of red snapper mexicana.
Playa Agua BlancaPlaya Agua Blanca
Playa Agua Blanca

My delicious grilled dorado.
Playa Agua BlancaPlaya Agua Blanca
Playa Agua Blanca

Nice spot to spend the day.
Playa Agua BlancaPlaya Agua Blanca
Playa Agua Blanca

Roger showing us his bolsa. There's a story to be told. I will laugh very time I think of this.
Playa Agua BlancaPlaya Agua Blanca
Playa Agua Blanca

This guy and his extremely cute and active three year old daughter gave us a ride from the beach to the highway where we caught the bus back to Puerto.
Playa ZicatelaPlaya Zicatela
Playa Zicatela

Another nice evening on the beach.
Playa ZicatelaPlaya Zicatela
Playa Zicatela

My happy hour piƱa coladas.


26th February 2014

Nice!
We are really digging watching you two (and your new Canadian friends) enjoying southern Mexico. Keep writing and sending those pictures!
27th February 2014

Nice!
Looks like more fun in the sun. Pina coladas look delicious. I'll have to remember to ask Roger about the bolsa when he gets back. Hi to all.
27th February 2014

You're making this look very enticing! Thanks for the response. I think there may be places less savory than others. Like you said, be aware and be smart. These photos could certainly induce a feeling of well being! Have fun.
27th February 2014

the baby
Bet you spent time looking at and enjoying the baby. And of course we'll hear the bolsa story sometime?
28th February 2014

Baby and bolsa
You are right about the baby in the hammock, what a sweetie he was. I think the bolsa (purse) story was one of those "you had to be there" things and maybe even have a drink or two. Well, you know how women are always losing things in their purses? Roger has this tiny purse that couldn't be bigger than half a deck of cards...and one might he was cussing up a storm because he couldn't find the key to his house complaining it was lost in the bolsa. I just thought it funny that he could lose a key in something so small. It was in there all the time, of course.
27th February 2014

Checking In
Hi Judy, Enjoying your latest travels, pictures, and narrative!
28th February 2014

Thanks, Tom
You know I don't expect people to actually read these blogs, so it's nice to get your comment.
28th February 2014

Playa Agua Blanca
Judy and Joe you are so blessed to be in such a fun , gorgeous spot for a whole month. We want to pack our bags to come join you. Lucky you have Roger with the tiny purse to show you around. Would love to see more photos of the bus ! Enjoying every blog. Can't wait to hear more stories ....... Love, Your maybe neighbors.
28th February 2014
Playa Agua Blanca

The Good Life
Glad to see you are out there having yet another adventure!

Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.032s; cc: 10; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0585s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb