Going loco...


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Oaxaca » Puerto Escondido
September 16th 2007
Published: September 25th 2007
Edit Blog Post

After a few days of culture in the charming San Cristobal meeting some indigenous folk we headed to Puebla and the village Fran lived in a few years ago. An emotional reunion with a family of the kids that Fran taught ensued and we were invited to spend the day with them and see where they live, great fun but massively humbling.


Then for 2 weeks of BIG fun when our friends Carrie and Emily came out to join us. We headed straight down to the pretty city of Oaxaca and straight into the tequilas for a few days and then hit the beach in Puerto Escondido along with Kristen and Dawn. We came up trumps with an amazing deal on an apartment there so we lived like kings, maid service something we definately got used to. The other bonus was the private swimming pool where Carrie could practice her legendary diving skills without disruption...a delight for everyone. Lots of surfing, lots more tequila and lots of good times wearing huge sombreros and blending in with the locals (especially Carrie and Emily with their tanned English skin)... Unfortunately a fun boat trip for some - dolphin and turtle spotting and catching huge Dorado fish was Emily´s worst nightmare as she became better aquainted with the food she had eaten the night before.
Then on to Acapulco for their last few days for some ultra touristy fun. A sunset cruise was a delight - complete with free beverages and a 'sexy dancing' competition - in which Kristen and Dawn lost out (marginally) to an 85 year old Mexican couple, a treat to witness. Managed to fit in watching the spectacular of the Acapulco cliff divers and a night on the town before we all succumbed to that special travellers stomach, rendering us incapacitated on the beach for the last day. A leisurely end to a fabulous 2 weeks.....


Additional photos below
Photos: 64, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

PueblaPuebla
Puebla

independence day celebrations in Cholula
PueblaPuebla
Puebla

Fran and Michele
PueblaPuebla
Puebla

Michele, Miguel and Emmanuel
PueblaPuebla
Puebla

Mexican Mark and his sombreros
OaxacaOaxaca
Oaxaca

Emily and Carrie arrive


25th September 2007

As usual jealous, jealous, jealous - especially about the tequila!

Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 64; dbt: 0.0587s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb