Oaxaca with Donzetta


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Oaxaca » Oaxaca
April 24th 2012
Published: April 25th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Las Hiervas AguasLas Hiervas AguasLas Hiervas Aguas

Here is an amazing view from Las Aguas which is fed from an underwater stream in which there are lots of minerals. It tastes very salty.
Hi All,

I went to Hiervas Aguas and the Metzcal Factory the past weekend and my camera ran out of energy as I began to take photos. Luckily two of the other students had their cameras with them and sent me photos today by e-mail today so I am going to get started blogging again. I did not get an opportunity to go on an excursion on Sunday because not enough people signed up but I did get an opportunity to go to the Zocalo and to the market and I took photos there.

In the last photo here the other students thought it would be great fun to get a picture of me tasting the metzcal hence the title, Donzetta, la borracha (drunk).

Enjoy!


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Las CabanasLas Cabanas
Las Cabanas

Here is the lodging for the site. We just went for one day. In the picture with me is Oliver from San. Francisco. He has an interesting heritage. He is part Vietnames, part French and part Polish. He is a lot of fun.
La Orilla de la MontanaLa Orilla de la Montana
La Orilla de la Montana

This is a shot near the water which is near the edge of the mountain with Anna, our resident physician.
La Cascada PetrificaLa Cascada Petrifica
La Cascada Petrifica

This is a petrified waterfall. It shows only the dried minerals from the previous waterfall.
Una Otra VistaUna Otra Vista
Una Otra Vista

This is another view of the petrified cascade in the park.
Ojos de AguaOjos de Agua
Ojos de Agua

This is a sign along the road to the park which reads..Eyes of the Water; Sulferous.
Las Tres EstudiantesLas Tres Estudiantes
Las Tres Estudiantes

Here is a photo of the three female students. Oliver, the male student is off on an adventure. Anna (again) and Patricia (from San Francisco).
Todos Los Estudiantes en la ExcursionTodos Los Estudiantes en la Excursion
Todos Los Estudiantes en la Excursion

Here we are all in the water: Donzetta - Tulsa Oliver - San Francisco Patricia - Washingto or San Francisco Anna (standing) - the good doctor from Oregon.
La medica como una GymnasicaLa medica como una Gymnasica
La medica como una Gymnasica

This is the good doctor turning flips at the top of the mountain at Las Aguas. In addition to being muy lista es muy flexible!
Los BurrosLos Burros
Los Burros

These two burros are two of the many animals that we encountered along the road to and from Las Aguas
Unos Typos de MetzcalUnos Typos de Metzcal
Unos Typos de Metzcal

Shown are three types of metzcal (from right the least mature). In front are oranges and a mixture of salt of the guisano (worm), used for tasting the metzcal in the fabrica (factory).
Donzetta, La BorrachaDonzetta, La Borracha
Donzetta, La Borracha

My Classmates thought it would be a great idea to get a picture of me drinking metzcal in the fabrica de metzcal...bottoms up!


Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.044s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb