Rincon De Guayabitos


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Nayarit » Rincon de Guayabitos
January 24th 2012
Published: January 26th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Okay, I may have landed in paradise. I had read about this RV spot is another post and I really wanted to check it out. Ray and Marsha were already here, so we knew things were crowded. We were able to get the last spot at Villas El Dorado. It is primarily bungalows, but they have 4 RV sites. There is a wrought iron gate over the entry, so large RV´s cannot make it in. We have a beautiful campsite. The hotel and property are gorgeous. We spend the afternoons sitting out on the patio right by the beach. The beaches are spotless. There are numerous vendors. I got up yesterday morning and went down to the beach to buy fish. I was able to buy fresh dorado. They cleaned and filleted the fish. I bought 2 large filets for $50 pesos ($4). We couldn´t even eat it all last night. We had fish and shrimp cerviche and grilled shrimp for lunch yesterday. We were only supposed to be here for a couple of days, but, I love it. We liked it here so much we decided to stay for a week.

Thursday we ventured over to the next town, La Penita for Market Day. It was a large open air market with everything imaginable for sale. There was fresh fruit, baked goods, clothes, jewelry, plants, hand rolled cigars, pottery, glassware, tablecloths and metal ware. I bought a couple of t-shirt dresses , we had a couple of tacos and sopa and headed back to camp.



The weekend at the beach was wonderful. I bought a grass beach mat and an umbrella. We spent the days lying in the sand watching the world go by. The Mexican families start arriving early in the morning. There are hundreds of vendors coming by all day: fresh fruit, mango on a stick, pineapples, coconut drinks, fresh squeezed orange juice, shrimp, tacos, cerviche, donuts, pastries, toys, floats, jewelry, dresses, shirts, baskets, blankets, wooden bowls, hair braiding and henna tattoos. It is so much fun to watch the little kids running in and out of the surf. Each afternoon a band set up just down the beach from us. The music was a little surprising. It had a definite un-pa-pah sound to it. People danced and everyone enjoyed themselves.



We were pleasantly surprised when Red would spend most of the day lying quietly on the beach next to us. He liked the shade and seems to think that I bought the mat and umbrella for him. He is quite the “Mat Hog”. One day he was scared of the vendors and if they got too close he would try to climb in my lap. The guy next to us thought he was really funny and said “Good thing he doesn´t like beer!”

Yesterday Ed bought 1/2 a kilo of shrimp for $50 pesos ($4) and I made tequilla lime shrimp. Yum! This is the Mexico I remember, $1 beers, fresh fish and shrimp and loads of fun!



More great pictures....


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

LobbyLobby
Lobby

Beautiful stained glass
LunchLunch
Lunch

Fish and shrimp cerviche and grilled shrimp


6th February 2012

Your Trip
All I can say is NICE! Are you guys on your way back to the states. Thanks for sharing, gave me a different view of Mexico. Looks like you two are really enjoying yourselves. Everything looks so beautiful and I love the old buildings. Enjoy and talk to you later.

Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0489s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb