On the Beach in Bucerias


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Nayarit » Bucerias
February 13th 2010
Published: February 18th 2010
Edit Blog Post

If you want to come to the Pacific coast of Mexico, and are looking for a really great beach, then Bucerias is the place for you! The beach stretches as far as you can see in either direction, and it really is as nice as it looks. The water is refreshingly cool, but not at all cold. The waves are enough to have fun playing in, but rarely too high for swimming. The vendors are not pushy, and often have things that you really want to look at, or to eat. There are ladies selling pies, guys pushing wheelbarrows full of assorted nuts and candies, and barbequed shrimp on a stick that can be had at a reasonable price with just a bit of bargaining. Young girls sell small purses and beads, and bigger girls sell bigger purses and beaded things. T-shirts, shawls, dresses - these are all standard. And you can look, buy, or just smile and say no gracias.

Here are a few pictures of us and the beach here in Bucerias. We bought a couple of boogie boards to play in the water with. We have had a lot of cloudy weather, but it is still warm enough for swimming on most days. We are hoping for better weather next week. The weather man keeps promising.....



Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0343s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb