Cuernavaca, Mexico


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Morelos » Cuernavaca
August 13th 2006
Published: August 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

(The end of August to the 3rd of September 2005) The next day after arriving from Oaxaca, we took it easy, and just simply strolled through Cuernavaca. The Zocalo is a bit small, but the plaza where the statue of Morelos is nice. There are several great buildings around this area, and from the year before, it was great to walk around them once again. There is the the theater, old colonial building, a newer shopping center, with a cineplex a good book stores. The Museum is on the other side, behind the statue. Walking around this area is magnificent. The shops are great. The artisan market is next to the museum, and one can get lost for hours in there finding great stuff. Cuernavaca is a great city that one has to explore walking. The main market has an incredible vibe, and anyting you are looking for you will find. We hung around the center, and went and had a few 'chelas' where ACEITUNA plays. We rented a movie and we all took it easy for the rest of the day. The next day, my last full day, Lucha and I went to Xochicalco. Another beautiful archeological zone in the state of Morelos. The drive is very fun, and driving her old car was cool. The area has a small museum, worth a visit, and the walking within the ruins is great. Beautiful scenary from the top of the hill.
We headed back and got ready for the wrestling matches of the night. Every Thursday night in Cuernavaca, "Lucha Libre" matches are held a few blocks from the museum. At first I wasn't that excited, but getting in and watching a few matches, it a very entertaining show. People line up around the block, there are vendors selling all types of food, and every mask from the popular luchadores. The night was good. The show was great. And the goodbye party we had was terrific. Said goodbye the next day, and enjoyed the great vies the ride back to el DF provides.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0265s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb