Uruapan


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Jalisco
November 24th 2007
Published: November 28th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Today we had a very relaxing day in Uruapan. This city has a couple of good things going for it. It is warm - it has a tropical climate that apparently creates great conditions for agriculture and it has a wonderful park right in the middle. Other than that there is really not that much to do or see there.

The park is called Parque Nacional Eduardo Ruiz. The river Cupatitzio flows out of a spring at the top of a hill in the park and then flows through a series of natural waterfalls as well as man-made cascades and fountains. Both man-made and natural elements harmonize quite well and create a very relaxing, beatiful sight. The park was full of people who come there to hang out, celebrate weddings, tourists as well as school groups. There is also a trout ´farm´ where trout is kept in tanks and you can go into the tank to catch it with a net. They call it ´sport fishing´.

After wandering through the park for quite a while we hit up the local market where we got some food from a little stand. Basically all the stands look the same and as soon as a tourist (or probably any person) appears all the women start calling out all the foods that they have, clearly in the expectation that the tourist will be confused and will sit down where they are. Which is precisely what happend to us. Not that there was much to differentiate one food stand from another so it did not matter. They make most of the food right there in front of you. This lead to my tacos dorados to be fried in oil twice (once when they were prepared originally and once again when we appeared) so they were quite crispy.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0572s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb