Day 79: Cabo San Lucas to Puerto Vallarta Mexico


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Jalisco » Puerto Vallarta
May 20th 2011
Published: June 1st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Cruising the night we arrived in Puerto Vallarta the following morning and it was ashore again to visit the hot and humid town. Hot man it must be 40 and humid as all get out, wandering around the port we chose a short guided tour taking in a small village, a Tequila tasting (of course it is Mexico after all) shopping and the old town. Mexico is a dangerous place and all the advice we had was do not leave town without a guide and stay in groups so we did this. We were driven around the coast past the expensive houses to a stop with fantastic views over the bay. Leaving there we were taken inland to a small village that made tequila and were shown a great time, drank tequila and bought tequila. The village was tiny and very much 3rd world and we would have loved more time there to explore the village and people. Leaving there it was off to lunch up in the hills among the birds and Iguanas, the people were great, the food awful but a good time was had by all. Heading off it was down to the old town for some shopping Mexican style, this is the place to buy leather goods and boots, 40 buck US buys handmade fitted leather boots and 30 bucks buys you a designed fitted leather jacket. Returning to the boat around 3.30 it was back to the pool to sleep off the tequila.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.291s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 71; dbt: 0.0884s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb