Sightseeing in PV


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Jalisco » Puerto Vallarta
February 4th 2010
Published: February 7th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Today we were glad to see the end of the rain, and hopped the bus into PV to walk along the Malecon (the walk beside the ocean). We finally had a chance to take our shoes off and walk along the beach. Even though it was a bit cloudy, it was a warm day. We saw lots of pelicans sitting on boats and on roofs. I think they are the Mexican equivalent of pigeons or gulls, although they have those here as well. The Malecon is mostly a tourist walk, with lots of restaurants, street artists, and many statues along the walkway. It comes alive a night - maybe we will come back again another day to see the night scene.

After grabbing a beer and a bite to eat in one of the many restaurants (Coronas are only $2, but the food in the restaurants is about the same price as at home), we explored some of the steep cobblestoned streets. Some are so steep they have long sets of stairs. We had a great view of the dome of the Church of Guadalupe from part-way up one of these steep streets. Back down, we took a peek inside the church, which was beautifully kept, with polished wood and lots of gold. By the end of the day we are really tired - walking along cobblestones is really hard on your feet and legs when you aren’t used to it, not to mention climbing the steep streets and stairs. This whole part of the Pacific Coast is quite hilly, so all the little towns have quite hilly streets. We are finding it challenging, but it is much more fun than walking on a treadmill at home!



Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



9th February 2010

cool
glad you have some good weather to enjoy. The pics are fun keep them coming. All is well here at home i have the kids and a couple days off for Valentines and we going to the movies. have fun. love Chrissy

Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0173s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb