Rule one, Don't forget your camera!


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Jalisco » Guadalajara
June 30th 2011
Published: July 2nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Mazatlan - Guadalajara


Two days ago (time flies!) we drove from Culiacan to Mazatlan. It was a short drive (3 hours), as David wasn’t feeling well. We decided to stay in the Old Mazatlan Inn, the Top Pick in Lonely Planet. Well, not only couldn’t we find it, we asked a local and he couldn’t find it, either! We ended up staying at The Best Western, which was right on the beach and there was a wide variety of restaurants close by.

Day before yesterday we drove to Guadalajara, the state capital of Jalisco. Guadalajara has 4.3 million people (and they were all on the road ahead of us!) We stayed at The Hotel Francis, which was right in the center of town (Plaza de Armas). It has been in operation since 1610. We went to the rooftop and the view was stunning!

We walked through the beautiful Palacio de Gobierno, which house State government offices. Inside they had a display of agave plants and talked about the making of tequila. It was very interesting; unfortunately, I didn’t bring my camera!

We then walked through the Cathedral. It seemed to me to be quite small and simple, but then we went
iguana on  side of roadiguana on  side of roadiguana on side of road

There were tons of iguanas, some 3 feet, but most were about 2 feet in length
to the main entrance and came upon a much bigger, much more ornate chapel. We went during a service, so we didn’t stay long.

We walked across the square, had a couple of beers, and people-watched. All in all, it was a very pleasant day!



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 12; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0247s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb