Second day in SMA


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Guanajuato » San Miguel de Allende
December 24th 2010
Published: December 24th 2010
Edit Blog Post

ChurchChurchChurch

THis is a gorgeous church in the main square. It is really fantastic! This can be seen from our rooftop

We made it to San Miguel!



Well we finally made it to our destination in SMA! After flying into Mexico City Airport we managed to find the bus to Quertero very easy. After clearing customs we just walked out made a right and followed the signs to the bus very easy. Managed to get on a luxury bus in about 10 minutes and off we went. It costs about 22 US each. The bus was very nice and comfortable. However after reaching Querteo someone told us to cross the street better to have said make a right and go to terminla B. But we walked a bit until someone helped us back to station where we managed to get on the last leg of and hour drive to SMA. So for all you people who fly into Mexico City and spend $190 US to get a taxi or private driver you may want to rethink that.
So upon arriving in SMA we still had the challenge of finding the house we had rented. HAHA Travel tip for you people. If you have a specific place you will be staying and you know the address before leaving home print up
Daytime pictureDaytime pictureDaytime picture

Same church but daytime
a bunch of business cards with address and any info helpful to a driver this way you don't have to try and explain it to them. So Once we got there we found a driver right away as they use the taxis here alot! However our luck and our welcome to Mexico gift our driver gets lost!! We spend about two hours trying to find it. We were starting to panic that maybe we didn't have a house to stay in (No offense Oscar!) I really believed that everything was on the up and up and that I just picked a bad driver. We talked to many people and finally we found IT!!! I knew from pictures that we had a view of the church so it had to be on a hill right, yes and it was. So right off the bat we had our bad taxi ride and hopefully our last for this trip. The cars have been working since.
So enough about our troubles. We are staying a lovely home here. SMA is a beautiful city filled with churches and taco stands! Because of the Christmas holiday lots to see and participate in. We have been
Pinata time!Pinata time!Pinata time!

Rick and I were out watching all the fun and they greabbed us and tied a bandana on and spun us around three times and you come swinging! The funny part some one is managing the rope so they swing around you so you don't just have a clear shot. All the kids are singing as well some song that goes with the pinata breaking. Very funny!
walking all over and still have so much to see. The weather is a bit chilly and at night downright cold so layer up folks if your coming here at this time of year. I will have more to say later but for now my pictures will have to say it for me.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Ricks Turn!Ricks Turn!
Ricks Turn!

So funny to watch Rick swinging so hard but not getting much action!
Old Church RuinOld Church Ruin
Old Church Ruin

We walk by this every time we walk into town very pretty!
Religous Creche outside the churchReligous Creche outside the church
Religous Creche outside the church

Everyone seems to have there own Christmas manger scene. The market is filled with all the greens and items to make up the scenes. This one is quite elaborate but we have seen some inside peoples homes ( yes we peek in a few doors and windows when you walk by discreetly of course)
the Devil side of the Crechethe Devil side of the Creche
the Devil side of the Creche

Looks like more a day of the dead display but this was attched to the previous picture.


Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0482s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb