Sunday Breakfast at Casa Luna


Advertisement
Published: July 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

This morning, we knew we were in for a treat. Our good friend Dianne, the owner of the Casa Luna B&B invited us to join her for breakfast at her inn. Breakfast is always served at 9:00am so we had be sure we were up early enough to catch a cab down to El Centro. When we got to the door and rang the bell, a peep-door opened up and a lady asked us in Spanish how she could help us. Glad for my increasing Spanish, I explained that we were friend's of Dianne's and there to join her for breakfast. We were happily let in. Every time I walk through that huge gate at Casa Luna into the paradise that Dianne has created, I simply lose my breath. After some hugs, we joined Dianne and her sister who is visiting in the dining room. We had a lovely breakfast of fresh fruit, hard boiled eggs, turkey bacon, and this type of Mexican bread pudding that you pour hot berries over....it was divine. We met some of the other guests staying at the Inn and after we ate, Dianne showed us some of the newest rooms that were added to the building. We have some family members that will be staying there when they visit and so Ronnie and I are looking forward to spending lots of time there in the future.

Here is the website if you want to see for yourself:
http://www.casaluna.com

After desayuno (breakfast) we took a nice stroll through Parque Juarez. It was more beautiful than I hoped. It was like we were suddenly whisked away to some tropical rain forest. There was a girl's basketball game going on in the center of the park and on the edges, there was an art sale. Next we ran into Casa de Sierra Nevada. This is one of the most expensive hotels in SMA. It was featured in a recent Sunset Magazine article. We pretended like we were guests and walked around the grounds. We even took pictures to mimic those in the magazine! We spent a little time in the Jardin, looking at the festivities happening with the International Film Festival that is in town for a few days. Finally we walked to an art store that was closed (forgot it was Sunday) and then through the mercado de artesans. (Artist Market.) Finally, took the bus home to have a relaxing fin de semana. (weekend)

Alas, tomorrow it is back to school time for me...in fact I still have homework to do! Ahhh to be a student again.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Una Fuente de ParqueUna Fuente de Parque
Una Fuente de Parque

one of many fountains in the park
I am in Sunset Magazine!I am in Sunset Magazine!
I am in Sunset Magazine!

...not really...
Walking to the JardinWalking to the Jardin
Walking to the Jardin

with the park behind us
Side of Screen set up in the JardinSide of Screen set up in the Jardin
Side of Screen set up in the Jardin

They show movies outside at night in the Jardin
I am making MoleI am making Mole
I am making Mole

...well from the Mole Man from Tianquis...


14th August 2008

breakfast
That looks amazing! I totally want to stay there.

Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0355s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb