Campeche


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Campeche » Campeche
May 13th 2014
Published: May 26th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Our Arrival

We arrived at 6pm at the ADO bus station. To get to the centre of town we took a taxi from the rank outside to the Plaza Principal. It was a set fare of M$30 total for us both and took about 15mins.



Where We Stayed

Hospedaje Teresita - Calle 53 near Calle 14. M$180 for a double room with bathroom. The room was set off a courtyard with lines for drying clothes. Could have been a bit cleaner but the price was good. No internet.



What We Did

Walked around the city. It cost M$10 to go up the city wall at the Puerta de Tierra and included admission to a small pirate museum. There is a long waterfront promenade which gets busy in the evenings.



Where We Ate

We couldn't find anyway really nice or cheap to eat which I would recommend. The nicest meal we had was a massive dish of chicken, rice, salad and totillas in the market M$50.

There were a few dingy bars around the City wall which closed early and nowhere nice to drink. There are large bottles (1.2 litres) from liquor shops for cheap with a deposit for the bottle. Bear in mind that there are restrictions on the time of sale of alcohol which finish at 9pm or earlier on Sunday's.



Where We Went Next

We caught a 2nd class bus to Merida. The bus left from the terminal on Avenue Gobernadores which is about 20 min walk from where we stayed. The bus to Merida left at 10:30am and cost M$105. There are lots of food places nearby and we had some tortas for M$20. You have to wait for an announcement before heading out to the bus and putting your bags underneath. The driver takes your ticket and gives you a receipt which was checked several times along the way. The bus arrived in Merida at 3:25pm.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 15; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0218s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb